Blackburn Rovers are set to host Preston North End in a crucial Friday night clash, with both teams eyeing a top-six spot in the Championship standings.
A victory for Blackburn would propel them into the top six, while Preston aims to secure fourth position with a win at Ewood Park.
Despite a recent setback with four consecutive losses, Blackburn has quickly bounced back under the leadership of Jon Dahl Tomasson.
With four wins and one defeat in their last five games, Rovers are back in the promotion race.
Their recent 3-1 victory over Norwich City showcased their offensive prowess, but they need to improve their home form, having lost four of seven league fixtures at Ewood Park.
On the other hand, Preston North End is on the road to recovery, collecting five points from their last four fixtures.
A 3-2 triumph over Coventry City in their previous game secured their position in the top six.
However, Preston will face a tough challenge against Blackburn, having lost three consecutive away matches.
- Championship: LWWLWW
- All Competitions: WWWLLW
Preston North End:
- Championship: LLDDLW
- Blackburn’s Scott Wharton received a red card and will be unavailable. Injuries to Hayden Carter and Dominic Hyam leave Tomasson struggling for central defenders.
- Joe Rankin-Costello is also out with a hamstring injury. Possible lineup changes include Harry Pickering or Lewis Travis in defense, Callum Brittain at full-back, and Arnor Sigurdsson in the forward line.
- Preston’s Andrew Hughes is in contention to return after a month on the sidelines. Kian Best could continue if Hughes is not risked, with the rest of the starting XI likely unchanged.
Possible Starting Lineups:
- Travis, Hill, Pickering, Brittain;
- Tronstad, A.Wharton;
- Sigurdsson, Szmodics, Moran;
Preston North End:
- Storey, Lindsay, Hughes;
- Potts, Browne, Whiteman, Millar;
- Holmes, Osmajic, Frokjaer-Jensen
Prediction: Blackburn Rovers 2-2 Preston North End
Expect an exciting draw at Ewood Park, as Blackburn’s form clashes with Preston’s resurgence in the final third. Both teams would settle for a point before the international break.